httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: 2.0.35, SSI and cache
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 17:21:03 GMT

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Anthony Schorer wrote:

> If you want a quick workaround, unset all 'ETag' headers. ETag values are
> used in cache validation, and apparently apache isn't [re-]computing them
> correctly. Note, however, that Proper behavior is only obtained by
> removing BOTH the Last-Modified and ETag headers (removing one or the
> other will NOT do it.)

I don't want a quick workaround.  I want to see it fixed.  But nobody
seems willing to spend the time to actually detail what is going on.

SSI pages should not have ETag or Last-Modified headers in the first place
(unless XBitHack full is used).  And on the servers I've tested, they
don't.  So someone needs to explain how they are getting them.

Joshua.