httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: CGI and Virtual Hosts ...still :(
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 17:24:07 GMT

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Subscribed wrote:

> Just checking because I've yet to find a program that works like this
> one...
> Does this <virtualhost> info seem like it would execute scripts properly
> from the H:\myweb\cgi-bin\
> directory? I've tried everything I can think of and still it doesnt
> work.
> Basically the server has NO INSTRUCTION except these here in Vhost
> Remember that this is one person's frantic attempt to solve a problem,
> please be kind :)

Just as a reminder to those that haven't been following this odessey,
"Subsribed"'s problem is that he has a script that works for the main
server, but not for a virtual host.  In both cases, it executes fine, but
for the virtual host, he doesn't get the email from the script that he is
expecting.

I'll just repeat what I said before.  If the script is running and sending
output back to apache, then it is very unlikely that there is anything you
can do with apache configuration to fix it.  It is a problem with your
script.  You can reconfirm this by just trying a simple "hello world" type
cgi script.  All apache does is run the script and grab the output.

Joshua.