httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: How to redirect users to Login Page
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 17:22:56 GMT
On Wed, 1 May 2002, Subu Korisapati wrote:

> We have a jsp application running of apache web server.  How do we redirect
> the users to login.jsp page, if they try to access anyother page like
> Main.jsp.
>
> Can i use Rewriteengine option in apache httpd.conf file ?

Well, how are you doing session management?  Unless you have a proper
technique for keeping track of sessions, any "redirect" will be easily
bypassed.  The common way to handle this is to have login.jsp set a
cookie, and then have your other pages (or mod_rewrite possibly) check
for that cookie.

Joshua.