httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Cooke <m...@mmebs.co.uk>
Subject Creating W3C log files for apache
Date Mon, 27 May 2002 11:51:15 GMT
Hi,

I having a problem getting apache to generate W3C standard logs, as we use
a program called WebStats that collects the logs generated by our IIS
servers, now we have some clients that require reporting on their site,
but we run those under apache on RH 7.1.

I can get apache to generate the required fields to be W3C 1.0 complient,
but I'm having a problem to actually get it to generate the headers below
at the top of each file:
(example taken form IIS)

#Version: 1.0
#Date: 2001-01-03 09:12:12
#Fields: date time c-ip cs-username ........

Iam using the customlog directive to get it to create the required fields,
but I cannot find anything in the docs or the site to generate the
headers above that are part of the w3C standard.

whithout these headers (AFAIK), the logformat does not comply to the w3C
standrard, as the programs that read theses logs (in our case WebStats)
use these to determine to fields.

Thanks in advance

Mark

--
----
Mark Cooke

DISCLAIMER
Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and
not necessarily the Company. This email and any files transmitted
with it, including replies and forwarded copies (which may contain
alterations) subsequently transmitted from the Company, are
confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. It may
contain material protected by attorney-client privilege. If you are not
the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the
intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in
error and that any use is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the IT
department by telephone on +44 (0)117 916 8037 or via email to
IT.Helpdesk@MMGroup.co.uk, including a copy of this message.
Please then delete this email and destroy any copies of it.