httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: listening on additional ports
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 18:50:04 GMT

Duh! This is so simple, I can't believe I asked. :) I don't know what I was
thinking.

Thanks to everyone who answered :)

I had previously used a similar setup with
ForceType test/plain
to take care of all kinds of scripts....

Thanks again.
Saqib Ali
=======================
"Do you believe in intuition?" "No, but I have a strange feeling that
someday I will."

                    "Pete Nelson"

                    <pete.nelson@ci.stp        To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    aul.mn.us>                 cc:

                                               Subject:     Re: listening on additional ports

                    05/07/2002 11:43 AM

                    Please respond to

                    users

I think you're looking for a virtual host!

This seemed to work fine for me -

Listen 80
Listen 9620

<VirtualHost *:80>
  AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4 .php .php3
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:9620>
  AddType text/plain .php4 .php .php3
</VirtualHost>

--
Pete Nelson, Web Developer
<pete.nelson@ci.stpaul.mn.us>

>>> Saqib.N.Ali@seagate.com 05/07/02 01:31PM >>>
Hi All,
I would like to setup my apache servers so that they listen on
additional
ports. Let's say port 9620. On port 9620 the apache should serve the
normal
HTML content, but if it encounters a PHP/CGI script, it should just
send
the script without parsing/redering it.

Is it possible to do this on apache?

Saqib Ali