httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: Apache and Caching
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 22:19:00 GMT

Hi Joshua,
Does HTTP content expiration work for non-HTML type of content (e.g. MS
Word Doc, .exe files etc)  as well?

Thanks
Saqib Ali
=======================
`Be what you would seem to be' -- or, if you'd like it put more simply --
`Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to
others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what
you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.' Lewis Carrol

                    Joshua Slive

                    <joshua@slive        To:     users@httpd.apache.org

                    .ca>                 cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: Apache and Caching

                    05/08/2002

                    02:28 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    users

Subscribed wrote:
> Im using http-equiv="Pragma"
> to keep pages from being cached, but it's not working very well. Is there
> any way to make apache ask the browser not to cache the page?

See mod_expires in the apache documentation.  At the worst, you should
use mod_headers.  I don't at all recommend http-equiv crap when you can
easily use real headers.

Joshua.