httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Radim Kolek, Ing." <radim_ko...@hotmail.com>
Subject Can't set REMOTE_USER variable with Apache ProxyPass directive
Date Tue, 28 May 2002 08:44:16 GMT
Hello,
we'are using mod_ntlm to protect "/secure_" location and to set REMOTE_USER variable. Typical
config looks like :

<Location /secure_>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
AuthType NTLM
AuthName "Intranet applications"
NTLMAuth On
NTLMAuthoritative On
NTLMOfferBasic Off
require valid-user
satisfy any
</Location>

When user comes to that location, correct network username (PRAHA\Kolek_R) appears in access.log
file and REMOTE_USER variable is set to that username :

10.32.81.212 - PRAHA\Kolek_R [28/May/2002:09:37:23 +0200] "GET /secure_/et/ET_REPORTS.FAKTURY
HTTP/1.1" 200 15056

If location exists on application server outside the apache, config file must contain additional
settings :

ProxyRequests On
ProxyPass /secure_/ http://dbiatest/webstore/
ProxyPassReverse /secure_/ http://dbiatest/webstore/

And in that case we are falling into troubles, we're getting "401 Authorization Required".

Please, can anybody help us to solve that problem ?

Thanks in advance,

Radim.