httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alex" <cam...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: win2000 setup for testing CGI on my pc
Date Sun, 05 May 2002 23:40:43 GMT
Server 127.0.01 localhost

Default page directory is c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs   .
Yo can either put your stuff there or else modify http.cng  to point to your
subdirectory

C.Alex Morales BBA,MBA
Senior Consultant Peoplesoft/Siebel
305-264-0138
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/mia/c/a/cam516/~cam516/

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Skinner [mailto:kinghado@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 5:28 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: win2000 setup for testing CGI on my pc

I'm having trouble finding out how to configure Apache 2 on my win2000
system - i don't need it to run a website, I want to use it to test some
CGI programs.

I have set serverName to in the httpd.conf file to what i think is the
default IP address, typed in the same IP address to the URL bar in my
browser, but all i get is "page cannot be displayed" error, with a link
to s: as a homepage, but i have no drive s: on my system.

I've looked through the manual, and a couple of tutorials, but none=20
mention how to set up apache for my purposes, wondering if anyone knows
of any such tutorial/ guide.

Cheers!