httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alex" <cam...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: mod_perl-2 and Apache 2.0.36 (Win2k)
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 17:59:54 GMT

From: Alex [mailto:cam516@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 12:12 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: mod_perl-2 and Apache 2.0.36 (Win2k)

Senior Consultant Peoplesoft/Siebel
305-264-0138
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/mia/c/a/cam516/~cam516/

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Nerad [mailto:jnerad@cimedia.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 10:51 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org

On Thursday 09 May 2002 11:21, you wrote:
> Is anyone currently using mod_perl and Apache 2.0.36?  Specifically,
> I'm trying to use the windows binary from
> ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/ppd/mod_perl-2.ppd .
>
> First, I noticed that 'PerlFreshRestart' was no longer recognized.
> Easy enough to comment out, and then the configtest worked.  But when
> I tried to restart, I got errors.  'Apache::Registry' could not be
> loaded.  I looked in my Perl/site/lib folder, and saw an 'Apache2'
> folder, so I started digging for a 'Registery.pm' file.  I found one
> under 'Apache2/ModPerl/', but after changing my config to point to
> 'Apache2::ModPerl::Registry', it's still looking for subsequent
> modules under the 'Apache::' module.
>
> I looked on http://perl.apache.org/, but did not see anything
> specific to Apache 2 (although I'll admit that I certainly didn't
> follow every link on the site).  I've also tried several 'perldoc'
> commands, but have not found local documentation for configuring.
>
> Has anyone got this running?  Anyone seen any documentation for
> Apache 2 and mod_perl online?

mod_perl for Apache 2 is still under _heavy_ development.  After a
proper search of the archives, you might want to address questions
about it to one of the mailing lists found at

http://perl.apache.org/#maillists

I believe that there is some preliminary documentation set up at

http://perl.apache.org/preview/modperl-docs/dst_html/

but considering how in-flux the new version of mod_perl is you should
understand that the documents found there may or may not be actively
maintained yet.

If you need mod_perl to run on apache (and who doesn't! :), I'd
recommend not using version 2 (Apache/mod_perl) just yet.  Probably a
better solution until mod_perl stabilizes might be to use Apache 2 as a
proxy for your mod_perl 1/Apache 1.3 server.

--
Jack Nerad