httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alex" <cam...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: How to get my Apache server work properly!Urgent!
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 15:14:42 GMT
Everyone get this problem? the  first time. In the config file Apache is
pointing to c:\program files\apache group\apache2\htdocs\ .  You have to
modify the config file to point to the right directory or else move your web
page to this location. Also don't forget to modify your server and network
parameters to 127.0.0.1 and localhost.

C.Alex Morales BBA,MBA
Senior Consultant Peoplesoft/Siebel
305-264-0138
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/mia/c/a/cam516/~cam516/

-----Original Message-----
From: gui wt [mailto:guiwt@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 8:58 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: How to get my Apache server work properly!Urgent!

Hi:
   I got a problem when runing Apache. After I type in http://localhost/  in
my IE5.0, the web page comes out is not the welcome page,but a page says "An
appropriate representation of the requested resource / could not be found on
this server." follows by links to pages in different languages. I just
follow a link to the English one, and I goes to a page whose URL is
http://localhost/index.html.en . In the page it says the Apache server
software was installed successfully on this system, but the configuration of
this web server has changed.
   I don't know what sort of problems might have in my machine according to
the above infomation.
   I also check the log file. In Access Log File it shows:
    127.0.0.1 - - [08/May/2002:14:06:39 +1000] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 406 2851
   In Error Log File shows:
    [Wed May 08 14:06:39 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] no acceptable
variant: c:/program files/apache group/apache/htdocs/index.html
   Could anyone tell what can I do to get my Apache server work properly.
thanks!