httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alex" <cam...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: What good is WARP?
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 01:46:58 GMT
You can always go to Kazaa.com, download the client. Search for a compiler
and download it for free. That's what kazaa is for

C.Alex Morales BBA,MBA
Senior Consultant Peoplesoft/Siebel
305-264-0138
http://personal.atl.bellsouth.net/mia/c/a/cam516/~cam516/

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@main.gmane.org]On Behalf Of Fester
Sent: Sunday, May 05, 2002 10:21 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: What good is WARP?

I know that this is probably a vert naive question, but after struggling
unsuccessfully to integrate Apache (1.3.24, and 2.0) and Tomcat (4 and 4)
under Win2k, I am asking myself why bother?  I've tried both mod_jk and
mod_webapp.  I think that part of the problem has been the availability of
pre-buit binaries  I'm sure not going to spend $$ on a MS compiler, so am
dependant upon what I can find.  .  I know that mod_jk would provide load
balancing and other thread contol.  I don't see what WARP brings to the
table, however.  Can't I achieve the same effect with an alias in
httpd.conf, such as:

Alias /examples/ http://me.net:8080/examples

where Tomcat listens for http1/1 on port 8080?

Thank you in advance,
Fester