httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Spencer Roedder" <sroed...@mbird.com>
Subject Problem with Apache 1.3.14 looping
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 20:56:00 GMT
I have been encountering an intermittent problem with httpd going into an
infinite loop which uses all available processor time.  I will find anywhere
from one to all five of the child processes of the httpd daemon process in
this state.  Killing them allows new processes to be spawned, and all is
well.

I am running Tomcat 3.2.3, and the problem seems to be connected with
situations where a screen generated by Tomcat starts to be displayed but
never finishes for some reason - and the user moves on to another operation.
However, I am not sure of this connection.

Has anyone seen this problem before?  I tried searching the bug data base
and found nothing; but the process seems overly complex, so I might have
missed it.

Thanks.
--Spencer Roedder