httpd-users mailing list archives

From "~jb~" <...@imk9.com>
Subject RE: How best to remove and reinstall?
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 23:02:27 GMT
> Just use ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache; make; make install

This is what i want. Standards and simplicity.

So when i saw this message, i deleted every reference i know of to
Apache, and started from scratch.

Now when i run apachectl it says httpd can't find configuration file
/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf.

Well duh it can't find it because i deleted the /apache2 directory.
But why is it looking for it? I am now grepping my entire hard drive
looking for a reference to "apache2" but i thought it might be faster
to ask what the heck i forgot to delete. (It's NOT apachectl... learned
my lesson with that one already.)

Thanks,
~jb~