httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Billy" <m...@phenixcable.net>
Subject httpd.conf fouled up
Date Sat, 25 May 2002 03:41:40 GMT
Well, let's see.
I got apache in and it was perfect. Then I had to have someone else install
frontpage extensions and he is well, it IS Memorial Day Weekend. I was
talked into...no, I was blackmailed into having apache on my RH7.2 box
somewhere other than /usr/local/apache. I can't find root with a roadmap
now.

I am standing here beside myself.

Now, tequila sunrise is messing with my vision. Look at the
bicity.net-error_log;
[Fri May 24 19:15:14 2002] [error] [client 209.192.59.22] File does not
exist: /www/html/bicity.net/

(The shame is overwhelming.)

>From httpd.conf;

<VirtualHost *>
	ServerAdmin pm@mysp.net
	documentRoot /var/www/html/bicity.net
	ServerName bicity.net
	ErrorLog /logs/bicity.net-error_log
	customLog logs/bicity.net-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

More? (This feels like a 12 step program.)

In /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf; (I can't believe I'm telling this to
strangers.)

ServerRoot "/etc/httpd"

ServerName scotty.bicity.net (Did I mention, "I've never done anything like
this before?)

DocumentRoot "/var/www/html" (If the nice people next door find out...no: I
can't think about it.)

When I try to get there with...yes, IE... (I don't care. IE was good to me
when no one else cared!)
...never mind. I can't talk about it. Try it yourself. bicity.net.

I need help. I'm desperate. What if the press gets ahold of this????

If you see the problem, I'd really appreciate a clue.

Thanks, & have a Great Memorial Day Weekend,