httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stuart Otway" <stu...@moveassist.com>
Subject RE: proxy server on modem
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 13:00:24 GMT
hi thanks for your help,

is ther any simple setting up NAT guides around. I know a bit about
networking but i have never used or configuired NAT.

cheers,
stu

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Fellows [mailto:lfellows@4lane.com]
Sent: 02 May 2002 13:38
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: proxy server on modem

Stuart,

  It sounds like you are trying to use apache for something it is not
made for.  If you want to access the internet from your windows boxes
through the Linux machine, you would be better off setting up the
Linux box as a router/firewall NAT'ing for your windows machines.
Apache proxy server is to redirect to a specific server specific
requests based upon the configuration.