httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stuart Otway" <stu...@moveassist.com>
Subject RE: proxy server on modem
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 12:58:50 GMT
thanks for your help,

ok will try that, do you think it could be to do with the fact that whenever
i connect to the net with my linux box via modem it changes the ip address?
Do i need to have that ipaddress in the httpd.conf somewhere?

-----Original Message-----
From: obo@bourse.ch [mailto:obo@bourse.ch]
Sent: 02 May 2002 13:40
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: proxy server on modem

Stuart Otway wrote:

> hi there,
>
> If anyone can help i would be most greatful
>
> I want to use my linux box as a proxy server that connects to the internet
> via modem, and i want the windows machines on the network to be able to
surf
> the net.
>
> I uncomment all the lines in the httpd.conf to do with a proxy server,
> select allow from all, etc.
>
> I then connect the modem on the linux machine to the net. I restart
apache.
> I flush all ipchains rules so the default policy is accept.
>
> I then try to surf the net from the windows machine (using internet
explorer
> with proxy server info entered). Whatever website address i enter on the
> windows machine ( ie www.google.com ) comes back with the apache default
> page on the server. I cannot work it out.

This is exactly the configuration I have at home. and it works
perfectly. Rather than "uncomment all the lines in the httpd.conf to do
with a proxy server" why not add the exact directive you need which is:

	ProxyRequests On

That's all you need. Note that this assumes that you have mod_proxy
compiled or linked in...

Rgds,

owen Boyle.