httpd-users mailing list archives

From "NIPP, SCOTT V (SBCSI)" <sn4...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: Apache / PHP 4.2.1 question...
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 18:09:31 GMT
	Thanks.  This got me past the initial problem.  I can now start
Apache and the error_log shows PHP to be running.  Now the problem is that
my one and only PHP page is not working.  I will do some poking about to see
if I can resolve this myself, otherwise I will send you guys more
information.  Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Hawkes [mailto:ahawkes@unicon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 11:10 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache / PHP 4.2.1 question...

Actually that's not off topic at all, in my opinion. Could you provide the
./configure options you used?

It looks to me like apxs is complaining at the .sl extension (most Unix
platforms have a .so extension for shared objects).

Try renaming that libphp4.sl file to libphp4.so, then (manually):

# /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs -S LIBEXECDIR="/usr/local/apache/libexec" \
-i -a -n php4 libs/libphp4.so

That should hopefully do it. You can look in the libexec dir and see if
php is there. If not, I'd use gcc.

-Andy