httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Niall Fleming" <niallflem...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How best to remove and reinstall?
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 21:01:16 GMT
probably not, it's most likely the best way tho' at least you'll know
everything will be in the right place, in fact why not start over with the
latest stable rel. of apache, 1.3.24 - i wouldn't try apache 2 until you've
successfully got 1.3.24 running...gd luck!

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Billy" <apache-list@bicity.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: How best to remove and reinstall?
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 16:50:14 -0400

What a mess! Apache 1.3.22 was installed 'automatically' during a Red Hat
7.2 installation. After a great deal of help from this list I got it
running. Then I tried to install frontpage server extensions. Almost
everything in fp looks for /usr/local/apache... and I am tired.
I wonder if (after saving the httpd.conf file for reference) rpm -u would it
all go away and I could start over and install in /usr/local/apache?
Is there a better way?

Thanks,
Bill

Niall Fleming

When the world's falling apart around you,
feel good inside, knowing your friends are
all around you.