httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Johnson" <stephejn_2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy hiding client ip address?
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 20:01:24 GMT
In some version of Apache, there was an addition to the HTTP header called
X-Forwarded-For that was tipping off my server of the client's IP address.

It would be great to have an option to disable this 'feature', but in case
anyone else wants to disable this, go into the src/modules/proxy directory
and remove the following line in proxy_http.c

    /* Add X-Forwarded-For: so that the upstream has a chance to
       determine, where the original request came from. */
    ap_table_mergen(req_hdrs, "X-Forwarded-For", r->connection->remote_ip);

This will disable the X-Forwarded-For header item being added to the HTTP
header.

Stephen