httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Johnson" <stephejn_2...@hotmail.com>
Subject mod_proxy hiding client ip address?
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 20:30:36 GMT
I'm having a problem that I hope someone can help me with.

I want to have the client's IP address shielded from the server we're
proxying.

I use the mod_proxy setup on a SSL connection, and then forward the data to
another server that only likes to see requests from 127.0.0.1.  I had this
working with Apache v1.3.12, but in upgrading to 1.3.24, the client IP
address seems to be passed all the way through to the server.  (Before the
client IP address was showing up as 127.0.0.1)

I can obviously solve this problem by downgrading Apache to 1.3.12, but I
would really like to stay current with the latest version.  I can only hope
that I'm missing some configuration parameter that causes the Proxy to act
differently?

Regards,
Stephen