httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Delaney <D.Dela...@ucas.ac.uk>
Subject AIX problem
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 11:27:18 GMT
Good day all,

	We are attempting to install Apache 2.0 on an
RS/6000 server running AIX 4.3.3, maintenance level 10.
	We see a syntax error "Expected </Directory> but
saw </Directory>" in the access.conf file.
	Yes, I know it's years old, but our problem is
very current.
	AIX's 'lslpp' command shows xlC.aix43.rte,
xlC.msg.en_US.rte and xlC.rte to be 4.0.2.1, and
xlC.cpp and xlC.msg.en_US.cpp to be 4.3.0.1
	I have a 'C for AIX' cd but note that the
http://bugs.apache.org/index.cgi/full/2312 site says
that the 4.3 compiler is "old and out of support" - a
bit like me.

	Would anyone care to help to bring me up
to date on this, please ?

David Delaney
Digital Client Support
Digital Services Department
Universities & Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS)

Tel:   +44 (0)1242-544742
Fax:   +44 (0)1242-544948
Email:   d.delaney@ucas.ac.uk
Website: http://www.ucas.com

Registered Office: Rosehill, New Barn Lane,
                   Cheltenham GL52 3LZ
Registered Company Number: 2839815
Registered Charity Number: 1024741

This message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please
notify us immediately. You may not copy it or use this message for any
purpose or disclose its contents to any other person or take any action
based on them.

E-Mails are susceptible to interference. UCAS accepts no responsibility for
information, errors or omissions in this e-mail nor for its use or misuse
nor for any act committed or omitted in connection with this communication.
If in doubt, please verify the authenticity of the contents with the sender.