httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro)" <Philippe.Dh...@searo.be>
Subject RE: No listening sockets available, shutting down
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 13:37:44 GMT
Right,

I checked the LISTEN directive (before the mail also)
When i set
Listen 80
Or Listen 10.10.10.10:80
I save and try to start i get this error
(98)address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
No listening sockets available, shutting down

In case of 10.10.10.10:80 i get
(98)address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
10.10.10.10:80
No listening sockets available, shutting down

I can't find much about this.

Philippe Dhont

-----Original Message-----
From: Owen Boyle [mailto:obo@bourse.ch]
Sent: woensdag 8 mei 2002 15:31
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: No listening sockets available, shutting down

"Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro)" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My apache worked fine, i reboot my computer and i can't start it
> anymore I work with linux and apache2
>
> Used
> ./httpd
> Apachectl start
> I get error:
> No listening sockets available, shutting down
>
> In my httpd.conf i had
> ServerName serverx:80
> Changed it to test to ServerName 10.10.10.10:80  (ip of this server)

You must have told apache not to listen to anything... Check your Listen
directive. Also, look for any "Port" or "BindAddress" directives - these are
now obsolete and should be removed and replaced with Listens.

NB If you have *none* of these directives, apache will listen to ALL ip
addresses on port 80 by default. This is a good starting point...

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.