httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro)" <Philippe.Dh...@searo.be>
Subject FW: access forbidden !!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 12:46:59 GMT
Hi all,

Ok, it's a question that is asked alot, i checked the manual and archives a
lot but i can't find the right answer explained clearly.
I followed the HTML installation pages for the netsaint program and this Is
my problem, when I point to http://10.51.99.14/netsaint/
<http://10.51.99.14/netsaint/>
I get the error :
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /netsaint/ on this server.
Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/1.3.23 Server at server12 Port 80

In my error.log I have:
Client denied by server configuration: /usr/local/netsaint/share
I have also the same error in error.log for other dir.
Client denied by server configuration: /var/www/cgi-bin/netsaint

It must be something with permissions, so just for testing I change /usr,
/local, /netsaint, /share ,/sbin all to chmod 777
And also trie chown nobody:nogroup, netsaint:netsaint, and others ...
When I point to http://10.51.99.14 <http://10.51.99.14/> , I get the apache
page, so that's ok.
Everything remains the same, I really don't know what it is, could anyone
help plz ?

Philippe Dhont