httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fernando Reuter Wendt <ferna...@admijui.unijui.tche.br>
Subject RES: XML question
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 17:32:03 GMT
Ok, i´m not completly clear in words. Listen: if i made one XML file, using
just XML and XSTL tags, Apache 1.3.24 and 2.0.35 will pharse them?

+---------------------
 Fernando A. R. Wendt

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Enviada em: segunda-feira, 6 de maio de 2002 14:23
Para: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Assunto: Re: XML question

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Fernando Reuter Wendt wrote:

> I want to learn XML, always with Apache :) , and hope to find out what is
> the best way to do it. As i´m not a Java expert, would like to know if
there
> isn´t a module to be added, compatible with GNU-Linux and Windows. Plus,
> sugestions relationed to how do you do your XML installation, will be
> apreciated too. What is the best way to perform XML support on Apache?

Saying "I want to learn XML" is pretty darn vague.  XML is simply a way of
writing a markup language.  In general, you don't need a web server at all
to use XML.

If you mean that you want to learn XML+XSLT, then you still don't need a
web server.  Recent versions of most of the major browsers will render
that directly.

So you still haven't really explained what is you want apache to do.

Joshua.