httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Stephenson" <PStephen...@ficgroup.com>
Subject Authenticated redirects, <text-format_this_time>
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 16:31:21 GMT
I am sorry about sending the message as html!

I am using Apache 1.3.24 with newest php, mysql and everything else.
Here is the problem, and I would appreciate any ideas on how to resolve
it.

I own an online-record store that is getting ready to go online, and I
have to stream the audio from a Windows Media Server (Win2k Server box)
b/c I can't find any streaming technologies that work for linux.  People
wanting to listen to the song will have to click an icon, and that icon
will direct them to the windows media server.  The media player will
open and the song will be streamed from the windows box while not being
taken away from the linux machine.  My question is, is there anyway that
I can setup apache so that you can only listen to the audio samples if
you hit the link from the shopping cart system.  I am trying to do this
so that people just can't link to my streams from anywhere without going
through the shopping cart (could take a lot of bandwidth if people
started providing links to me streams on other sites).  I know this is
partially a windows question, but I don't know where else to ask.

Paul Stephenson
Supervisor PC Support
Network and Systems Administrator