httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hong Tian <ht...@ias.edu>
Subject RE: upgrade
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 15:50:55 GMT
> if PHP is already statically linked

How to decide that our PHP is already statically linked?

  1) statically linked if use --enable-module=php4 only.

  2) Not statically linked if use --enable-module=php4 and
     --enable-shared=php4.

Based on our compiling version 2), our PHP is already statically linked?
No matter Module mod_so is existing our Web server, we have to recompile
Apache and PHP. Am I right?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Marziani [mailto:michaelm@kw.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 11:28 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: upgrade

I would think that if PHP is already statically linked that you would
have to either:

a) recompile apache without PHP so that you can created a shared object
for it

or

b) recompile apache with the new version of PHP statically linked

I might be wrong, but I think any statically linked module would prevent
using the same module as a shared object.  I think you'll have to
recompile.

-Michael

Michael D. Marziani
Systems Administrator