httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Wik <ch...@anu.net>
Subject Re: split log files, too many vhosts
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 11:09:47 GMT
there is a script that comes with apache for doing this. it's
called split-logfile. you need to modify the format of your
access log to put the virtual host as the first field, e.g.:
LogFormat " %v %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\"
\"%{User-Agent}i\"" vaccess

then use customlog to create a vaccess file. you can split the
result with either split-logfile, egrep, your own solution. i've
written a perl solution to split the log files, create
statistics using analog then gzip and archive them.

hth,
-c

--
Chris Wik
Unix Systems Admin, ANU Internet Services