httpd-users mailing list archives

From Douglas Younger <dyoun...@corp.earthlink.net>
Subject Apache 2.0 - mod_proxy returns zero size document?
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 19:48:52 GMT
Hello,
   Asking again... no response first time.

   I'm trying to set up a proxy server using Apache 2.0 because I need to
filter some of the output via mod_perl. I ran into a problem that the
document returned is empty when the server I connect to uses SSL and the
document is dynamically generated.

Config info:
Apache 2.0.36 on Solaris 8 (sparc)
mod_ssl (openssl 0.9.6c)
mod_perl 1.99 (from cpan)

RewriteRule ^/proxy/ServerA$ /proxy/ServerA/ [R,L]
ProxyPass /proxy/ServerA/ https://ServerA/
ProxyPassReverse /proxy/ServerA/ https://ServerA/

If I request http://ProxyServer/proxy/ServerA/test.html everything is fine.
If I request http://ProxyServer/proxy/ServerA/test.cgi I get an empty page.
If I request https://ServerA/test.cgi directly it does work.

Looking at the logs on both servers:
On ServerA the request is served successfully... Status 200 Size 41
On the ProxyServer the request shows the proxy is made (I added %f to log)
and that the status is 200. However, the size field is zero.
I set the loglevel to debug for both error log and ssl log and nothing out
of the ordinary is in there. In fact the ssl log dumps the raw data in
debug mode and it is the proper size for the request. So it seems like the
data is getting lost between the ssl decode and  returning it to the user.

I haven't had trouble retrieving any type of pages from non-ssl hosts.

Also, I can request /proxy/server-status using the ProxyServer but not
/proxy/Cache-info (auth-ldap data).

Oh, and the output is not going through any filters. I disabled all my
mod_perl stuff to debug this.

Anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Any suggestions on how to
fix it? Or any ideas as how to further dubug it?

Thanks!
   -Doug