httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ed LaFrance <...@newmediaems.com>
Subject exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
Date Sat, 18 May 2002 18:17:27 GMT
Hi -

Running Apache 1.3.19 with Ben-SSL 1.42 on RH Linux 7.1
Server is 1.2GHz single AMD Athalon with 1GB of RAM

I am getting messages like this in the apache error_log, an average of
about 10 per hour:

[Sat May 18 10:59:29 2002] [notice] child pid 22415 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

I have tried a few things to try to stem the tide of these errors,
including doubling the physical RAM (was 512MB), Reducing MaxClients to 100
and reducing MaxKeepAliveRequests to 100. So far all that has done is free
up RAM; the errors persist. I can't detect any negative performance impact
in relation to these errors; the server performance is very good. I also
cannot correlate the errors to anything in the access_log or system
messages log, they just seem to happen when they happen.

So I guess I am not sure if I should be worried about this or not. The
server is setup for virtual hosting with around 20 domains, < 10GB of
traffic on average per month, and runs 10 Red Hat Interchange daemons which
together occupy about 200MB of system RAM.  Any insights, anyone?

TIA

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax