httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ross Del Duca <maill...@delducagroup.net>
Subject Re: The favicon under Apache?
Date Wed, 15 May 2002 22:54:26 GMT
It's is not something specifically supported by a Web Server - rather a
'standard' document requested by IE and newer versions of Netscape.  The
filename is favicon.ico, and should be located directly in the document
root (in other words, accessible via
http://yoursite.yourdomain.com/favicon.ico).

The only thing that you may have to do to the web server is verify your
mime types - but it is unlikely that you will need to make a change here.