httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sharath Muppala <SMupp...@digimarc.com>
Subject Using C++ instead of Java servlets with Apache
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 14:06:39 GMT

hi,

I have IBM unix box .. we have windows clients connected to this box for
image retrival. It has been decided that Clients will talk to Unix box
through Winhttp APIs and apache server will handle the request on Unix box.
Problem is in the server side we don't want to use seveltes or java .What we
want is what ever request that is coming to apache server should be
forwarded to C++ routine which will handle the rest part for retrival from
database. Is there is any API or Object model as we have in asp in IIS which
we can use in C++ to interact with  APACHE to get  and send the response??

I am littlebit new to apache but i know a lot about IIS server and windows
part. please help me and give me appropriate direction??

Any idea in this regard will be appriciated..

Is there  any ISAPI equivalent in Apache??  OR aything like C++ servlet
container which can be used in apache??

sharath