httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dwayne Miller" <dmil...@espgroup.net>
Subject Apache redirects
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 16:34:44 GMT
I have a coldfusion app that does a location redirect.  Somehow, with
Apache 2.0.x, this results in apache generating an intermediate page
that says the document has moved.  The source of the page is...

    <title>AE</title><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML
2.0//EN">
<title>200 OK</title>
</head><body>
<h1>OK</h1>
href="wizhandler.cfm?start=ae_herb.cfm">here</a>.</p>

The new URL is exactly what was used in the redirect command.

It is confusing because of the <title>200 OK</title> section.  I thought
a redirect should have a 3xx response code.

Also, this behavior is new to Apache 2.0.x.  1.3.x did not exhibit this
behavior and the redirect took the user directly to the new page.

The intermediate page is not desired... we would like the redirect to
occur automatically.

Any tips?

Tks