httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marten Lehmann <lehm...@variomedia.de>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite && apache 2 problem
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 10:26:07 GMT
> A couple general hints:
>
> 1. Use the RewriteLog to debug!

as you can read some mod_rewrite related postings before, mod_rewrite
seems so have a lock-problem in apache 2. Whatever the real problem is:
The request hangs when using RewriteLog, in addition only "initial"
entries showed up, no processing path as I knew it from apache 1.3.x
(although I set RewriteLogLevel to 9). With turned RewriteLog off, at
least the rewriting worked, but not 100% as I expected.

> 2. $1 refers to matches in the current RewriteRule.  You want to use %1,
> which is a "backreference", to get matches from a previous RewriteCond.

Ok, but thats not the import rewriting part.

> 3. I'm not sure where the {4} comes from.  I certainly don't see it in the
> mod_rewrite docs.

Sure it does, thats part of a regular expression. [a-z0-9]{4} means,
that there have to be 4 characters each containing only chars from a to
z and digits from 0 to 9.

> Now, here is a guess that simplifies things:
>
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteBase /
> RewriteRule ^/sess/[a-z0-9][a-z0-9][a-z0-9][a-z0-9]/(.*) /apps/$1 [L]
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/soap/
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/redirect/
> RewriteRule ^.* /redirect/

Unfortunatly even this doesn't work. Maybe apache 2 is just to buggy at
this time, I will try with apache 1.3.24 now, I hope that works.

Regards
Marten