httpd-users mailing list archives

From Roman Zillek <roman.zil...@sec4you.com>
Subject mod_rewrite, mod_proxy, mod_ssl, mod_radius && apache (of course :-)) problem!!
Date Tue, 21 May 2002 07:51:47 GMT
Hi bro's in arms,
I got apache up an running as authenticating ssl-reverse-proxy with the
modules mentioned in the subject line.

This apache machine is in front of an M$ IIS (aka "bucksblaster")
running OWA (Oddlook Web Access).

It all works as expected up to the IIS that doesn't give a sh*t on case
sensitivity.

Enter scene "MOD_REWRITE":

As I read a little on the might an power of mod_rewrite I thought I'd
give it a try, but unfortunately I ran into problems.
Objective is, simple enough you might believe, to translate every
incoming URL from ANY-case to lowercase.
It all worked out perfectly on my local apache installed on my Windows
playstation without all that
authenticated ssl-reverse-proxy stuff and I inferred, as mod_rewrite
according to the manual hooks
into the apache API well before any other modules, that it should work
as well on the target machine.

Well, to make long story short, it didn't:
mod_rewrite is compiled in
RewriteEngine on
RewriteLog 9
RewriteMap lowercase int:tolower
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ ${lowercase:$1}

NOT EVEN ONE  rewrite log entry !!
Do I need to put this statements into a special section when using SSL,
PROXY or RADIUS ???

Is there a simpler way to convert URLs to lowercase before processing ??

Is it recommendet to switch to apache V2 with regards to that "problem"??

thanks in advance for any help you provide

regards
Roman Zillek