httpd-users mailing list archives

From "S. Wong" <sw...@webprincess-designs.com>
Subject Re: Where to put <directory>
Date Sun, 19 May 2002 15:02:01 GMT
I think it has to do with the line in your AllowOverride None in :

<Directory "/var/www/*/html">

#
# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options
All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
    Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks

#
# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options",
"FileInfo",
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
#
    AllowOverride None

#
#
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Set it to at the very least AllowOverride Options

Ciao ?:-)
Shirlyn, the WebPrincess