httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Cutright <acutri...@borland.com>
Subject Re: Java distribution
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 21:15:01 GMT
hi david,

the apache server, to the best of my knowledge, does not have any java
components. the server is started using <inst_root>/bin/
apachectl|apache.exe.

cheers,
andy

David Shanes wrote:

> Hi all,
> Just a quick question that I did not find in the archives.
> I just left a project where we were using an Apache distribution that we
> got from Oracle. For some odd reason, it is stuck in my brain that this
> was a JAR file that we invoked to start up the server. I can only find
> platform specific binary builds.
>
> Am I on the moon, or was this something that Oracle only did?
>
> Thanks,
> David

Borland -- Enabling a new digital world where our customers have the
freedom of choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across
the enterprise and  the Internet. http://www.borland.com

Don't miss the 13th Annual Borland® Conference, May 18-22 in Anaheim,
California. Hundreds of sessions are being offered  to help you enable
the new digital world  with best-in-class solutions for Web Services,
Java™ technologies, mobile and enterprise computing, cross-platform
development, .NET™ and J2EE™  platform technologies, and more!
Register today! http://www.borland.com/conf2002

confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are
hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and
any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in
error,
please immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of any
e-mail
and any printout thereof.