httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andy Cutright <acutri...@borland.com>
Subject Re: New Apache Compilation
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 19:12:20 GMT
we've compiled 2.0.35 under solaris 8 using the SUNWspro compilers.. we don't use
gcc on the solaris boxes. we also pull additional stuff like ld out of
/usr/ccs/bin, not out of ucb. HTH,

cheers,
andy

Vickie Starbuck wrote:

> Similarly, I'm trying to compile apache-2.0.36 under Solaris 8
> using gcc, and I"m getting assembler errors.  See below.
> It was suggested that I might have success with ./ucb/as but
> I don't see a copy of ./ucb/as on any of our Solaris
> machines, going back quite aways.  ie. we are still running 2.6 &
> 2.7.
>
> Has anyone successfully built apache on a Solaris 8 box.  I've
> seen other references to assembler issues etc.  The make below
> is based on a completely vanilla configure as well.  I haven't
> even begun to add any mods on yet.
>
> Comments?
>
>   Thank you, Vickie
>
> www 189> make
> Making all in srclib
> Making all in apr
> Making all in strings
> /bin/bash /home/src/httpd-2.0.36/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
> --mode=compile gcc -g -O2 -pthreads   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2=8
> -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT   -I../include
> -I../include/arch/unix  -c apr_cpystrn.c && touch apr_cpystrn.lo
> /bin/bash /home/src/httpd-2.0.36/srclib/apr/libtool --silent
> --mode=compile gcc -g -O2 -pthreads   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2=8
> -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT   -I../include
> -I../include/arch/unix  -c apr_snprintf.c && touch apr_snprintf.lo
> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccbg2oKO.s", line 4294: error: unknown opcode
> ".subsection"
> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccbg2oKO.s", line 4294: error: statement syntax
> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccbg2oKO.s", line 4418: error: unknown opcode
> ".previous"
> /usr/ccs/bin/as: "/var/tmp/ccbg2oKO.s", line 4418: error: statement syntax
> *** Error code 1

> Vickie Starbuck                              starbuck.1@osu.edu
> Office of Information Technology                 (614) 292-9289
> The Ohio State University                    FAX (614) 292-7081
> ----------------------------------
> In the garden of gentle sanity, May you be bombarded by coconuts
> of wakefulness.                      -- Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche
>
> On Mon, 13 May 2002, Jeffery S. Malloch wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have recently compiled httpd 2.0.36 without any errors on Solaris 8 using
> > Sun's own workshop c compiler.  As far as I could tell, except for a few
> > warnings, everything went extremely well.  When I attempt to start the httpd
> > process using appropriate start methods I get nothing at all.  It says that
> > it is starting but it never says that it's listening to a port and processes
> > don't seem to start either.  I have tried using "httpd -E <logfile> -f <path
> > to httpd.conf> " but still nothing happens and what's even worse is nothing
> > gets written to the logfile!  Any help would be appreciated...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jeffery S. Malloch
> > Systems Administrator, LSI Logic
> > Kanata Design Center
> >
> > Phone: (613)-591-7073
> [...]

Borland -- Enabling a new digital world where our customers have the
freedom of choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across
the enterprise and  the Internet. http://www.borland.com

Don't miss the 13th Annual Borland® Conference, May 18-22 in Anaheim,
California. Hundreds of sessions are being offered  to help you enable
the new digital world  with best-in-class solutions for Web Services,
Java™ technologies, mobile and enterprise computing, cross-platform
development, .NET™ and J2EE™  platform technologies, and more!
Register today! http://www.borland.com/conf2002

addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby

notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
error,
please immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail
and any printout thereof.