httpd-users mailing list archives

From "S. Wong" <sw...@webprincess-designs.com>
Subject Question about .htaccess
Date Fri, 10 May 2002 07:33:25 GMT
I have a friend who has an out-of-the-box Linux 7.2 install and using
Apache 1.3.20 (rpm install I believe) and for some reason, although in the
httpd.conf I Load/AddModule mod_auth and mod_auth_dbm and put a .htaccess
in a particular directory with the typical htaccess stuff, the directory
doesn't seem to "lock."  It just ignores the .htaccess file for some
reason.  On the server config, there's an AccessFile .htaccess and I even
put it into the VirtualHost tags and still it seems that the .htaccess file
is ignored. :-(  Any ideas?  Aside from probably recompiling.

Thanks.

--
Ciao ?:-)
Shirlyn, the WebPrincess