httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Algier <...@ulticom.com>
Subject How do I rewrite a cookie?
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 21:14:29 GMT
In apache 1.3.23 how do I rewrite the cookies?

I am using RewriteRule to show a portion of our intranet on the outside
(I lifted the example right from the URL Rewriting Guide).

The problem is that the responses sent from the inside server contain
something like:
	Set-Cookie: XXX=287C89950403C902;path=/;domain=.somewhere.com
While the url used by the client is something like:
         http://outside.otherwhere.com/login.html
and this gets rewritten to something like:
	http://inside.somewhere.com:12345/login.html

The client will not send the cookie back because the server does not match
the domain clause of the cookie.

How can I rewrite the cookie?

This is an attempt to proxy to an Oracle applications server at our ASP,
by the way.  The name ".somewhere.com" is dictated by their hosting the
applications.

--
Gary Algier, WB2FWZ          gaa at ulticom.com             +1 856 787 2758
Ulticom Inc., 1020 Briggs Rd, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054      Fax:+1 856 866 2033