httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: chmod
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 07:59:09 GMT
> common@jobsdb.com.ph wrote:
>
> what is the correct way of assigning files inside htdocs or
> document root directory?
>
> here is my setup, i dont see anything wrong with this.
> <Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>     AllowOverride None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>

Looks fine.. (I presume you know that "AllowOverride None" switches off
.htaccess files in that directory).

What do you have for DocumentRoot - remember that the docroot maps to
the server name in the URL, i.e.

	DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs

means that

	http://your-server/kiwi.html

will go straight to /usr/local/apache/htdocs/kiwi.html. Maybe your
docroot doesn't lead to this htdocs directory?

Other things to check:

what permissions do you actually have on the htdocs directory (should be
readable by Apache user - or even world-readable)? What does it say in
the error_log?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.