httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: fontpage directory
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 13:40:29 GMT
Billy wrote:

> I have looked over two online papers regarding installing FP on Apache. They
> ask for the location of the Apache server. I would think
> /usr/local/Apachexxx however I did this install from a RedHat disk which
> installed everything nicely but, I cannot find the directory or the version.
> I understand there is a command to get the version number. If someone would
> pass it along I would be very appreciative.
> There must be a few specific files the FP software will look for. If someone
> knows and would pass that along, I'd appreciate that as well.
> Sometimes I watch people NOT ask something important. If I am missing
> something, please clue me in.

I've no idea about FP but the default location for the apache binary is
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd.

In RH, it is definately NOT put there because that's just what they'd
expect us to do. You could look in /usr/sbin/httpd or /etc/httpd. If you
don't find it, try the Linux command 'locate httpd' or the more
canonical unix command 'find / -name "httpd"'.

When you find it, cd to the directory and do "./httpd -V" to get the
version.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.