httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stuart Dallas" <stu...@sharedserver.net>
Subject Apache 2.0.35 & mod_rewrite
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 23:34:11 GMT
Hi,

I have a simple rewrite rule that I've transferred from an Apache 1.3.20 conf file - it works

fine under that version of Apache. However, on 2.0.35 it always gives me a Bad Request
error. The rewrite rule is as follows...

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/forums
RewriteRule !\.(gif|jpg|png|css|swf)$ /index.php

I turned rewrite logging on at level 9 and it shows that the rewrite is being done properly,
but
something is going wrong between the output of mod_rewrite and the processing Apache 2
then does. I've also tried other rewrite rules and I get the same problem. With mod_rewrite

off it works (at least the front page and the forums do, the rest needs mod_rewrite to work).

Any help is much appreciated.

--
Stuart