httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: FW: access forbidden !!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 14:26:12 GMT
"Philippe Dhont (Sea-ro)" wrote:

> Yes, i have it. It points to /etc/httpd
> That works (u can see it in httpd.conf)

I have no idea what you're trying to do. It is supposed to work like
this:

You have one unique entry point into your sustem - this is defined by
"DocumentRoot". eg.

Document /home/user/html

All you content is then under this so if you say:

http://your-server/

this will take you to /home/user/html.

Under this, you have to define the access rules for each directory. The
simplest is:

<Directory /home/user/html>
  Allow from all
</Directory>

this allows anyone access to any directory under /home/user/html.

You must understand the relationship between DocumentRoot and what you
type into the browser - it is critical to understanding any webserver.
Think it through, set it up sensibly and post back back if you still
have problems.

rgds,

owen Boyle.