httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: proxy server on modem
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 13:06:31 GMT
Stuart Otway wrote:

> thanks for your help,
>
> ok will try that, do you think it could be to do with the fact that whenever
> i connect to the net with my linux box via modem it changes the ip address?
> Do i need to have that ipaddress in the httpd.conf somewhere?

No. That IP address is used at the TCP/IP layer. Outgoing requests pick
it up and it is then used by the server at your ISP to route replies
back to your modem.

All you have to do is:

- have mod_proxy (do ./httpd -l to check).
- ProxyRequests On
- set up IE in the windows clients to use the proxy (Tools -> Internet
Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Use a Proxy Server, Address =
linux box, Port = linux apache port (usually 80).

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.