httpd-users mailing list archives

From Deb Whitten <dwhit...@rogers.com>
Subject help with adding mod_rewrite.c
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 15:55:52 GMT
Hello,

I've inherited an install of Apache and am trying to install OpenStats.
I managed to add php support and recompiled Apache like this:

from the apache source dir:

./configure --prefix=/home/apache \
--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a

then make, then make install, then I can restart apache and it all works
fine.

The problem is I need mod_rewrite. So I tried this command:

./configure --prefix=/home/apache \
--activate-module=src/modules/php4/libphp4.a --enable-module=rewrite

I then did make and make install, it all worked ok except for when I
tried to restart apache, it tried to find httpd.conf in
/usr/local/apache... instead of /home/apache.

What did I do wrong? BTW DSO is not enabled.

Deb