httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David Jackson" <david.j.jack...@pickledbeans.com>
Subject Re: Frontpage Extensions
Date Wed, 22 May 2002 17:35:08 GMT
Victor --
You want to install apache with DSO support first,
my advice is use --prefix=/usr/local/www or something like that.
That why it puts eveything under www.

If you also installing MySQL or other DB install that first.

Then do you modules, in the case of PHP and MySQL you have to
tell php where apache apxs and MySQL  home is, using the prefix above
for apache and MySQL a *basic* PHP config would look something like this:

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
--with-apxs=/usr/local/www/bin/apxs

You might also want to add a prefix flag to PHP so you can do more than
one apache install for testing different version of both:

--prefix=/usr/local/www/php4

That how I do it anywhy,
David