httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Bailey" <Bruce_Bai...@adp.com>
Subject RE: GET Method Adds CR's
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 14:08:00 GMT
Thanks for the reply.  The reason I assumed that the Apache server was adding the CR's is because
my client program is doing direct socket reads (i.e. send/recv).  I'll re-evaluate my code
and samples to make sure that its not something that I'm doing.

I take it that the Apache web server always returns the document without changes?  That is,
it always processes the GET method in 'binary' mode?  Is that correct?

Thanks again,

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Octavian Rasnita [mailto:orasnita@home.ro]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 10:32 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: GET Method Adds CR's

It depends how those  programs are written.
In Windows, if you want to make a Perl script, for example, if you want to
open or save a binary file you should use the binmode function.
The sintax is:

binmode FILE_HANDLE;

You may also want to use the read function, of course if you are using Perl.

I don't think it is an Apache problem.

Teddy,
orasnita@home.ro