httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Taylor Lewick" <Taylor.Lew...@us.fortis.com>
Subject DSO modules
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 15:33:00 GMT
Okay, I have one more question (I hope) regarding DSO modules...

I complied apache 1.3.24 with the options --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE --enable-module=so --enable-shared=rewrite
--enable-module=rewrite
And in my httpd.conf I see a bunch of LoadModule lines, and it bombs on the first one, because
there is no such .so file.. i.e. mod_vhost_alias.so

So in order to generate a so, do I have to rebuild apache with every module in the configuration,
i.e. --enable-shared=vhost_alias --enable-module=vhost_alias ...etc
Or is there another way to add modules dynamically...

Also, when I do an httpd -l, it shows a bunch of compiled-in modules?  Are these static modules?

Thanks much,
Taylor

Taylor Lewick
Unix System Administrator
Fortis Benefits
816 881 6073

"Help Wanted.  Seeking Telepath..."
"You Know where to apply."

			Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you