httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Taylor Lewick" <Taylor.Lew...@us.fortis.com>
Subject RE: Help with DSO
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 15:22:59 GMT
Hey you know what seems to have fixed it..?
I looked in the file regcomp.c and it was #include two .h files, which it didnt know the paths
too. So I defined the path, and it seems to have installed now...

Taylor Lewick
Unix System Administrator
Fortis Benefits
816 881 6073

"Help Wanted.  Seeking Telepath..."
"You Know where to apply."

>>> Owen.Boyle@swx.com 05/31/02 09:49AM >>>
>
>Okay, I have read through several times the options on DSO.
>I am installing apache 1.3.24 on HP-UX 11.00, and I have used
>the following option...
>
>./configure --prefix=/opt/apache1.3 --enable-module=so
>
>But after the install is complete, I look at the src/modules
>directory and I dont see any .so files...so what do I have to
>do to generate .so files...
>On the older version of apache, in which I downloaded a
>binary, in the modules directory I see a bunch of .so files...

I've just started on the DSO route myself so maybe I can share a little of my experiences:

Out of the box, apache will compile-in all those modules listed as "base" in the docs (look
in the modules page), e.g. mod_cgi, mod_mime etc. But it will not make any additional .so
files unless you tell it to.

E.g. to add mod_rewrite to the mix:

# ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache1.3 --enable_module=so --enable-shared=rewrite --enable-module=rewrite

i.e. you need to say "--enable-shared" and "--enable-module" for any DSO modules. If you just
say "--enable-module", it will be compiled-in.

If you run make after configure as described and do "httpd -l" on the resulting executable
you should see the http_core along with all the base modules and mod_so compiled-in. mod_rewrite.so
should be in src/modules/standard. You should then copy this to /opt/apache1.3/libexec or
let "make install" do it for you.

Regarding your compiler problem, this may be HP-UX specific, but you can pass flags to the
compiler with:

# CFLAGS="+z" ./configure etc...

This is in the INSTALL file in the distro. Or you can edit the file "Configuration".

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

			Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you