httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Taylor Lewick" <Taylor.Lew...@us.fortis.com>
Subject Help with DSO
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 13:50:55 GMT
Okay, I have read through several times the options on DSO.
I am installing apache 1.3.24 on HP-UX 11.00, and I have used the following option...

./configure --prefix=/opt/apache1.3 --enable-module=so

But after the install is complete, I look at the src/modules directory and I dont see any
.so files...so what do I have to do to generate .so files...
On the older version of apache, in which I downloaded a binary, in the modules directory I
see a bunch of .so files...

Also,
I tried to redo this with the added option..
./configure --prefix=/opt/apache1.3 --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE --enable-module=so
but then, during make, I receive the following error...
ld: DP relative code in file regex/libregex.a(regcomp.o) - shared library must be position
independent.  Use +z or +Z to recompile.
And I'm not too sure how to recompile with gcc with the +Z option, I think that is a cc option..?

Please Help.
Thanks,
Taylor

Taylor Lewick
Unix System Administrator
Fortis Benefits
816 881 6073

"Help Wanted.  Seeking Telepath..."
"You Know where to apply."

			Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you